Meet Katarina (“Kat”) Lopes, who is is currently an intern in Arrangements Abroad’s marketing and communications department.
- When did you start interning at Arrangements Abroad, and what is your position here? I started interning at Arrangements Abroad on June 3rd , and I work in the communications department. When I’m at school at Loyola University Maryland, I work for a catering company.
- What are you studying? I am a marketing major with a minor in environmental and sustainability studies.
- What is your hometown? My hometown is Union, NJ.
- What is your favorite travel-related book? The Alchemist. It taught me to pursue my dreams by following what my heart wants, and that every encounter you have will have a lesson for you.
- Which cities do you most recommend to friends? I have two: Porto and Florence.
- Is there a city you would drop everything to see? I would love to visit Marrakesh because I think it has a rich culture and I love its architecture.
- What do you enjoy working on the most for Arrangements Abroad? I like sorting out images from brochures and working with data.
- Do you have any special skills? Playing volleyball; playing guitar; and speaking three languages. In addition to English, the other languages I speak are Spanish and Portuguese. I also plan on learning Italian, especially when I study abroad in Rome during my spring semester.
- What are your three most visited websites or favorite apps? Netflix, YouTube, and Instagram.
- What is something about you that surprises people? I’m a pescatarian.
- Favorite trips that you’ve taken? Portugal, Grand Cayman, and Paris.
- What would your dream trip be? To go on a South African safari. I’d also love to visit Australia and Japan.
- What are three things you can’t travel without? My phone, camera, and a book.
Interested in finding out more about opportunities, including internships, at Arrangements Abroad? Visit the employment section of our website.